Sunday 6 June 2010

BESTeam weekly feature - Waterwaif

What a fabulous shop - this is a dream assignment for me.  Waterwaif on Etsy is a store full of delicate jewellery made from semi precious stones and crystals inspired by the ocean - I guess the ocean around Florida where Waterwaif makes these lovely things.

You can see this inspiration in the dreamy colour palette, the use of translucent materials which reflect back a watery glow, and the light and airy feel of these pieces.  Truly Boho-beach-chic!

There are lots of items to choose from in this well-established and popular shop and I could have picked all of them to feature!  But I'm going to indulge myself a little and concentrate on the blue items (I wonder why!:-))



First up is this teal crystal starfish pendant.  So light and airy and beautifully wrapped with sterling silver wire.  What a great item to wear on holiday - the teal blue green would look stunning with a tan.


Have you ever seen red turquoise before?  I hadn't, but I've got to say it looks stunning in combination with the sky blue turquoise in these lovely earrings.  Turquoise is the stone of the season according to Pantone, so these are the ones to get now. 



earrings by waterwaif necklace by waterwaif


Really couldn't resist adding this beautiful matching set of aqua blue crystals and creamy freshwater pearls. So light and airy and such a great colour combination!


There are still more shades of blue in this vibrant blue opal bracelet. The silver songbird here and the clear crystals are such a winning combination.

Not just jewellery!  Here's that lovely red and teal blue again
in an original painting. Wouldn't that look great in a modern neutral decor?


I hope I've whetted your appetite for more.  You can follow Waterwaif on her lovely sea-themed blog, on Facebook where there's a new store and exclusive discounts for fans, and on Twitter.

5 comments:

  1. I love the earrings. Those are definitely "in" colors this summer and those remind me of summer vacations!

    Teri
    Twitter: Teri_B
    http://sandtcreations.etsy.com
    http://sandtcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous jewelry and a great overview of this wonderful shop, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful article; I lvu Water Waif all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful feature! Thank you SO much!

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts here - the more, the merrier! I've had to enable word verification because of the amount of spam comments - sorry, I know it's a pain!

Related Posts with Thumbnails