Friday 23 July 2010

Folksy Friday: Dragonflies


Saw a beautiful dragonfly on a walk this week.  I thought I'd just find a picture of in on the net and blog about it.  What I didn't realise is how many species of dragonflies and damselflies there are!  So I gave up trying to find a picture and selected some lovely Folksy items instead.  Click on any of the images to go to the shops.



Spiral Moon Oracle LakeBubble Bees painted glass
Owl and the Pussycateastwitching Art on a bag


1. Dragonfly print by Spiral Moon Fantasy
2. Dragonfly vegan soap by Oracle Lake
3. Dragonfly in glass by Bubble Bees painted glass
4. Silk painting with dragonfly by The Owl and the Pussycat
5. Watercolour by eastwitching
6. Jute dragonfly bag by Art on a Bag

Beautiful, aren't they?

And in case there are any dragonfly experts reading who would like to help identify the one we saw, it had a deep bottle green body with translucent green wings, and it looked just like someone had shaken a pot of green and silver glitter all over it.  It kept its wings open when it landed so we could see just how amazing it was.  Quite a bit bigger than the blue ones we see more often around the river, this one was some way from any water.  Any offers?



9 comments:

  1. what a lovely idea, I keep seeing dragonflies in my garden at the moment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dragonfly finds. I love the watercolour
    Gemxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful items, there is something so appealing about dragonflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dragonflies, especially the glass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when i was in australia the dragonflies were SO big we called them helicopters, great finds, love the watercolour ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like your finds and that soap is my favourite (-:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - this is a lovley post - reminds us about the fragile and beautful dragonfly that captivates most people with its form and colour and the way it moves. Thanks for including me. I am not sure if I did the Linky thing properly sorry! Alison

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous! they are all so pretty...and i learnt today how to tell the difference between a damselfly and a dragonfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. so pretty, I want to see one! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts here - the more, the merrier! I've had to enable word verification because of the amount of spam comments - sorry, I know it's a pain!

Related Posts with Thumbnails