Saw a beautiful dragonfly on a walk this week. I thought I'd just find a picture of in on the net and blog about it. What I didn't realise is how many species of dragonflies and damselflies there are! So I gave up trying to find a picture and selected some lovely Folksy items instead. Click on any of the images to go to the shops.
1. Dragonfly print by Spiral Moon Fantasy
2. Dragonfly vegan soap by Oracle Lake
3. Dragonfly in glass by Bubble Bees painted glass
4. Silk painting with dragonfly by The Owl and the Pussycat
5. Watercolour by eastwitching
6. Jute dragonfly bag by Art on a Bag
Beautiful, aren't they?
And in case there are any dragonfly experts reading who would like to help identify the one we saw, it had a deep bottle green body with translucent green wings, and it looked just like someone had shaken a pot of green and silver glitter all over it. It kept its wings open when it landed so we could see just how amazing it was. Quite a bit bigger than the blue ones we see more often around the river, this one was some way from any water. Any offers?