Monday 20 September 2010

BESTeam weekly feature: As you like it by dicarlos on Etsy

It's a pleasure to feature a lovely varied and colorful shop this week: As You Like It by dicarlos on Etsy features handmade jewellery, art works, stationery and cards.  Stephanie from Woburn, MA, is the force behind dicarlos and in addition, there's another lovely shop taking off at unexpected knock with a focus on goods inspired by the works of the poet Emily Dickinson.  If you don't know Emily, you're in for a treat - she knew how to say what she thought very succinctly!  And the love poems are amazing - my favourite's below this post.

Stephanie too really is a creative person - not content with just art, jewellery, poetry, cards and so on, you can even follow a tutorial to make yourself a lovely wooden mailbox on her blog!





I love these gray bubble earrings made of white, charcoal and gray pearls - you know what I'm like about pearls, girls!



Then there are the artworks.  I had the pleasure of including Stephanie's work in my recent leaf treasury, so I've picked my second favourite, this mandala design print in a wonderful bold orange.




Any girl would feel better about going back to school this Autumn with these 'Birds of a Feather' notebooks!










And I couldn't resist this Emily Dickinson dog card- so true!!



And here's how to get your dog to model for your successfully... Mine struggles with the jewellery - perhaps I should make cards instead???





If you were coming in the fall,
I'd brush the summer by
With half a smile and half a spurn,
As housewives do a fly.

If I could see you in a year,
I'd wind the months in balls,
And put them each in separate drawers,
Until their time befalls.

If only centuries delayed,
I'd count them on my hand,
Subtracting till my fingers dropped
Into Van Diemen's land.

If certain, when this life was out,
That yours and mine should be,
I'd toss it yonder like a rind,
And taste eternity.

But now, all ignorant of the length
Of time's uncertain wing,
It goads me, like the goblin bee,
That will not state its sting.

Emily Dickinson, 1830-1886



3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the great feature! I'm hoping to finish up the mailbox this weekend, so the tutorial should be up by next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice feature. Love the doggie model.

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts here - the more, the merrier! I've had to enable word verification because of the amount of spam comments - sorry, I know it's a pain!

Related Posts with Thumbnails