Tuesday 10 August 2010

Like Marmite?



Sometimes you make something and are convinced it's right!  These amazonite and swirl earrings were like that - an idea you wake up with in the morning and have to try out.


But the couple of people who've seen them had mixed reactions.  Which leads me to the conclusion that these are Marmite earrings - you either love them or you loathe them!

My view is, what's not to like?  The amazonite beads are a beautiful sea-greeny blue with natural inclusions.  The charms look handmade (although I cheated and bought them!), each one unique and delightfully imperfect in a wabi-sabi kind of way. And even though they are long, I would wear in the day with jeans and a T-shirt as well as to a more dressed up occasion with my hair up. (Not that I have a glamorous lifestyle, you understand, walking the dog is usually the most sociable I get in an average week!) 

Also, they sort of remind me of the past - perhaps Etruscan hammered jewelry and the long elegant ear ware you see in paintings and mosaics.  But perhaps that's just me being an old romantic.

So, what do you think?  Please let me know because around the corner is a necklace based on the same principle - although it's square beads and charms so not a match.

Oh, and don't forget to give your views on Marmite too.  Me, I can't get enough!





14 comments:

  1. Like/like earrings very pretty & Marmite very scrummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Marmite, don't wear earrings myself at all, but my daughter would wear them, the bigger danglier the better is her motto, oh and she loves marmite too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the earrings, but not what I could wear as I am so clumsy I get long earrings stuck in my collars.
    Love marmite too. Oh, and my dogs are also my social life!
    Lynda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynda,
    We have so much in common!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like earrings, like marmite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the earrings very nice! also a marmite lover :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the earrings and marmite too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely earrings but I absolutely HATE marmite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like them, and am learning to not hate marmite. I evem ate some voluntarily the other day. I can take it or leave it. I think I'm the only one on the globe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like marmite but I do like these earrings :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. - Like the ear-rings, daughter would love em, but I only wear studs cause big ear-rings don't look right on me, hair probably too short.

    2. - Hate Marmite.

    3. - My social life is a, walking the dog, b, nosing at all your blogs,
    c, crafting and I suppose the odd social event.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chrissy,
    LOL. As my best friend online, I have to try to convert you to the marmite ;-)
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the earrings, such a calming colour and design - like looking into a ripple on water, not a big marmite lover but I do have a very thin skim on toast occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like them too! They are gorgeous. I also love marmite lol!! Especially with cheese in a sandwich :D

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts here - the more, the merrier! I've had to enable word verification because of the amount of spam comments - sorry, I know it's a pain!

Related Posts with Thumbnails