Sunday 26 October 2014

Handmade Monday: Poppy

If the clocks have gone back, then it must be close to Poppy Day and a really special one this year. I love poppies, but I did struggle to convert my chain maille flower into a poppy, as I couldn't find the right colour in 6mm beads and had to use rondel crystals instead which meant adjusting the weave a bit. Are all us crafters a little bit perfectionist?  I must have undone this a good few times, but I think I'm happy with it now!

A short post this week, but do hop along to http://handmadeharbour.blogspot.co.uk  to find out what other crafty people are doing this weekend.
Alison 

10 comments:

  1. Your finished poppy is beautiful, well worth all your efforts :) Yes, its set to be a particularly poignant remembrance day this year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely. A very special poppy. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very pretty flower, it'll be quicker to make next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely worth all the effort! Isn't it amazing that with all the beads/fabrics/yarns we all collect, you never have the correct colour/size/thickness for the project we want to do!! One of life's mysteries!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely, and it looks great against the green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the poppy flower . It`s so bright and looks lovely against the green fabric .

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks amazing and so unique too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks so pretty, all your undoing and redoing was certainly worth it.

    Jan xx

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts here - the more, the merrier! I've had to enable word verification because of the amount of spam comments - sorry, I know it's a pain!

Related Posts with Thumbnails