As Rememberance Day approaches, it's also a good time to remember the beauty of this flower, which has such historical and modern significance. I like my poppies deep red and black, although I'm coming to terms with the orange ones now!
Check out these beautiful Folksy makes, some with the added bonus of a donation to the British Legion poppy appeal.
1. Tiny poppy pin by Wychbury - sold in aid of the British Legion. I have one from last year - it's beautiful, everyone comments on it
2. Poppy decoupage earrings by Dream Beads - sweet!
3. A bit of a twist on the conventional poppy from Handmade by Bethany - so delicate in organza - also sold with a donation to the British Legion
4. Poppy in a field of poppies, by Oscar and Rose. That's what I call a professional photo. There a stunning tryptych version too - in fact, check out the whole shop, it's well worth a visit
5. A kit to make this lovely applique wall hanging by Quilt Routes
6. Another brooch, this time by Mushy...Makes, also with a donation to the British Legion. Lovely modern bold style